A Lee Learning Log

Friday, April 18, 2008

Private eyes are watching you...

Have you ever had a nervous twitch? Every once in a while my eye will twitch spasmodically. If you have had one, you know how annoying it can be. Mine can almost keep me from falling asleep some nights unless I mash the restless orb into my pillow and smother it with sheer physical force.

What causes various parts of our anatomy to twitch? I looked it up in my book that explains the emotional causes of various symptoms and diseases. It says twitches start because you have a fear that you are being watched. Is it only coincidence that my eye started twitching the same day I started blogging??? I don't think so....

Needless to say, I decided I didn't want to blog anymore if my eye was going to keep twitching. How annoying! Beneficially, the book also gives some positive affirmations that you can say to overcome this fear: "I am approved of by all of life." So I said it a few times one day and the twitch went away!! But I was still afraid to post a blog....This is an experiment. If I start twitching again, you'll have to take me off your list of blog friends to read. I'll be slipping back into peaceful, twitch-less obscurity.

2 comments:

Kris said...

Well, I don't want to make you feel like I'm WATCHING you, but I do read. Hopefully it can all work out for you! I personally like the feeling of people "watching" or checking up on us. It lets me know they care, right?

Anonymous said...

Oh no, a twitch! An annoying twitch that won't go away! Not cool! Definitely not worth blogging if it continues. Please update us on that twitch...

Books Read in 2008

  • The Well Adjusted Child: The Social Benefits of Homeschooling by Rachel Gathercole T
  • Leadership Education by Oliver and Rachel Demille TJ
  • Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte TJ
  • None Dare Call it Education by John A. Stormer TJ
  • Dumbing Us Down by John Taylor Gatto TJ
  • Self Leadership and the One Minute Manager by Ken Blanchard TJ
  • Between Parent and Child by Haim Ginott and Wallace Goddard T
  • The Lonesome Gods by Loius L'amour TJ
  • The Thomas Jefferson Education Home Companion by Oliver and Rachel Demille and Diann Jeppson T
  • The Chosen by Chaim Potok TJ
  • Laddie by Gene Stratton Porter TJ